Thursday, May 12, 2005

Discarded pickles


Discarded pickles, originally uploaded by squiddity of toronto.

The pathos, the poignancy, of the unloved pickle! When will the tragedy end?

Actually, those are pretty scary-looking pickles, I would have tossed them too.

I have finished my Philosophy of History paper, about which the less said the better, and so hopefully there will be more blog action in the days to come.

Starting tomorrow there's a conference at U of T on Value & Inquiry. The keynote speaker is Simon Blackburn. I am sure none of you are as excited about this as I am.

The Mike Doughty show on Tuesday was terrific, and I am serious when I say you all need to get Haughty Melodic. Here is an indicator of how awesome Doughty is: Sometime in the late 90s (I read this somewhere, I think on his website) he decided he had some kind of substance abuse problem, went through a 12-step program, had a conversion experience and became a Christian, and now he sometimes writes songs about God, and these songs are actually good. There's a song on his last disc called "Thank You, Lord, for Sending Me the F-Train." The world could use more devotional pop songs about public transit.

5 Comments:

Blogger ranjit said...

The F train is my local train, and I can tell you that God doesn't send nearly enough of them during peak hours.

5:01 p.m., May 12, 2005  
Blogger BLAMB said...

That jar of alien rape pickles is the most horrifying thing I've seen all week!

1:41 a.m., May 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap!

9:34 a.m., May 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes a pickle is just a pickle
Petra

10:45 p.m., May 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but did anybody stop to ask about the poor, discarded beach ball that is giving the pickles shelter? It has a story, too, you know.

--dave

12:46 p.m., May 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home