Sunday, May 01, 2005

Buddha's bargain basement


buddhist rummage sale. Image hosted on my Flickr site.

Tell people that the Zen Buddhist Temple is holding a rummage sale, and the jokes pretty much write themselves. I overheard a woman say to her boyfriend, who was checking out the stuffed animals, "Do you really need that? Unburden yourself." But as a connoisseur of thrift shops and rummage sales of all kinds, I can tell you that the College St. temple's regular sale (I think it's annual) is one of the best in the city. I picked up a nice leather jacket there yesterday. Come for the novelty, stay for the bargains, leave with a nugget of timeless wisdom:


watch your step. Image hosted on my Flickr site.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell IS that thing? A fossilized print from BigFoot?

I wanna see that jacket! How about a fetching model? Oh, yeah, this is a blog, okay ... how about the jacket on the sidewalk, with an unbroken jar of pickles?

2:28 p.m., May 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home