Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Underground poetry movement


subway reading. Image hosted on my Flickr site.

A weekday afternoon on the northbound Spadina subway; a commuter placidly reads a book.

But wait... above his head... that's not an ad! What is it?

Egads! Poetry!


poetry where you are. Image hosted on my Flickr site.

And by Lexiconjury's own a. raw, no less!

I had nothing to do with this, but was most pleased to encounter it on my way up to campus. And then on the subway ride home, I ran into John Barlow, making it officially Toronto Poetry Day on the TTC, at least from my point of view. If you have comments or questions about those mysteriously-appearing poems, or if you'd like to submit a poem of your own, there's always poetrywhereyouare@hotmail.com.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh hey a sighting!! hehehehe i haven't seen one yet during my travels. thanks for documenting!

araw

2:08 p.m., April 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I was on the subway, I missed the official poetry posters the TTC used to put up but in many ways I like this better.

11:23 p.m., May 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home