Friday, December 15, 2006

Not procrastinating

Good advice
Just taking breaks from grading tests, which is such an onerous job. Today, I wandered into Perola's with Alison to check out the impressive selection of dulce de leche and real Latin American hot chocolate. She pointed out the above sign, which we think should be taken generally: You shouldn't let your kids play with beans. They'll just wind up having a contest to see who can stuff the most beans up their nose.

And Wednesday night I was at the Comics Jam holiday get-together at the Artful Dodger pub, watching this meticulously detailed fairytale cityscape flow from the pen of the amazingly talented Alan Bunce:
Doodling in action
I need to start going to the Jams again in the new year, I miss drinking and doodling.

1 Comments:

Blogger lumpkin said...

It's so true about the beans... I did that with a dried bean when I was little, and had to go to hospital to get it removed because it swelled up. Then when I went have my wisdom teeth removed (many many years later) they kept asking me "so the last time you were in hospital was [checks notes] when you had a bean removed from you nose?" So embarrassing!

4:12 p.m., December 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home