Thursday, November 02, 2006

Your worst suspicions confirmed

Your worst suspicions confirmed
I did in fact get out to Canzine, albeit briefly. I happened upon the startling revelation above in the Life of a Craphead & Art Metropole room. Other highlights:

--Hung out with Dave Howard and Dalton Sharp at the Don't Touch Me table
--Free grilled cheese sandwiches in Jonathan Culp's room! I put slices of apple in mine
--Scored a Dinosaur Comics button!
--Picked up an extremely promising preview excerpt booklet from Therefore Repent!, the graphic novel Jim Munroe has written that's being illustrated by Salgood Sam
--Got a new comics zine, "The Nervous Party," by Ethan Rilly. Does anyone know anything about Ethan Rilly? Last year I got a comic of his called "I Am Normal" which I love to death. This one is awesome too. But he's never at his Canzine table when I'm there. Google is not much help. Mysterious!

The discovery of the day, for me, was finding out that Megan Griffith-Greene has started up a music magazine called The New Pollution, with contributors including former Scream Festival volunteer-in-chief Jeromy Lloyd. The website is worth checking out because it features a monthly new-music podcast, and the print issue is worth picking up because it's full of gorgeous illustrations by Megan.

I saw this setup in Mark Laliberte's Pop Noir button room:

Buttonmaking
and thought, "Ooo, I want that machine!" and then thought, "Wait, what would I do with that many 1" buttons?" I already own far more than I can actually wear. It looks like a fun toy, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan Rilly drank all my beer at a hip Montreal soiree.

8:30 p.m., November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan Rilly is not his real name. It a name-puzzle thingy. You know, a name puzzle.

8:54 p.m., November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home