Thursday, August 24, 2006

How I spent my summer vacation

Orange shoes, orange cat

On Sunday I finally finished the massive paper I've been working on all summer, meaning that for the first time in 2 years I don't have anything due or overdue that I should be working on. Classes start again on September 6, so I get a summer vacation of about 2 weeks. It's not very long -- and I'm spending all day tomorrow at a conference on the history & philosophy of science -- but I did get to spend Wednesday on the Toronto Islands. I had a sandwich and coffee at The Rectory Cafe, and started reading Don Quixote. I explored parts of the Islands I'd never been to, and saw a knitted mooring cozy and a lovely wicker gate with spirals woven into it. I met numerous very friendly cats, and had ice cream, and took a lot of photos.

3 Comments:

Blogger JuliaMazal said...

Congrats! That's great.
Nice pseudo-Hitch pic!

11:08 p.m., August 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice photoset, Nadia; that was my birthday -- wish I'd been there.

5:29 a.m., August 27, 2006  
Anonymous Keto Ultra said...

nice post thank you for sharing

9:13 a.m., January 18, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home