Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Solstice, etc.


Dog watching crowd, originally uploaded by squiddity of toronto.

Kensington Market's Festival of Lights was really on this year: a big but not overwhelming crowd, mild weather (but lots of snow on the ground), and tons of performers, tableaux, etc. It was Hilary's first year at the parade, and I was glad her introduction to my favourite holiday tradition was such a good one. It reminded her a lot of the Hillside Festival, where she used to work. There's a similar dreadlocked-hippies-banging-on-drums-and-playing-with-fire sensibility to both events.

Most of my photos didn't turn out, but I like the one above, of a man holding his dog & watching the crowd.

This entry is a little late because I went to Ottawa early the next morning. Photos to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home