Monday, February 20, 2006

The inaptly named Young Centre

Why is it that at both of the Soulpepper performances I've been to so far this season, I seemed to be the only person in the audience under the age of 65 who was not there with their grandmother? Is theatre an Old People Thing now? All I can say is that my fellow non-seniors are missing out. You can skip the adaptation of The Government Inspector, but do NOT miss the revival of Our Town if you can help it. There are still some tickets available, and the new theatre is so well-designed, you'll be able to see and hear perfectly even from the cheapest, farthest seats. After the Saturday afternoon show, the cast came out to hang about in the lobby and mingle with the departing audience. I didn't go over and talk to them, but watched with amusement as tiny elderly ladies fully a foot and a half shorter than Albert Schultz went up to him & clasped his hand & told him how wonderful he had been as the Stage Manager. I know that some in this city would say Mr. Schultz does not need any more people telling him how wonderful he is, but still, it was awfully cute.

1 Comments:

Blogger BLAMB said...

What's the hurry? In ten years I'll be old enough to go to the theatre all I want!

12:04 a.m., February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home