Friday, September 02, 2005

September!

Booksale

Usually, at around this time of year, I spend way too much time online trying to figure out the dates and times of the various University of Toronto book sales. This year I don't have to: they've compiled a handy list. Check it out! Above, a picture I took at the Old Vic booksale last year.

Also coming round again: another Zen Buddhist rummage sale. It's on September 10 and 11, at the College St. temple.

I was on York campus today for a very long, but helpful and informative, day of workshops and seminars for teaching assistants. Starting the week after next, I will be leading tutorials for the first time.

It was a gorgeous late summer day, and I caught this red feather drifting through the air:
Feather

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found out the neatest thing about feathers from my partner the other day: you know how, if you handle them over time and pull them apart, they separate into strands? Well, those strands actually zipper back together if you have the trick of it and ... guess what? birds do! when you see a bird preening its feathers, it's zipping them back together again. now, there are about 50 zillion specific names for the parts of a feather, none of which I know, so if you don't know what i mean, say so and i'll look them up.

this feather is definitely unzipped, but i have to say, it looks kind of nice that way ...

"a feather in the hand is worth two in your mouth."

1:18 p.m., September 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi squiddity,

I couldn't find an email address, so I'll say it here - you have a gift as a writer. For example, "Han Bennink wears wooden shoes, plays a drum kit made of cheese. Possibly the Dutchest thing ever."

Bravo

John (johnabney.com - home of a free song or two [uh, actually just one free song right now, but we're working on it])

9:56 p.m., September 30, 2005  
Blogger Nadia said...

Thanks, Jon! I'll check out your song!

12:43 a.m., October 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home