Monday, December 26, 2005

A white, if damp, Christmas


Burl, originally uploaded by squiddity of toronto.

I'm back in Ottawa for a few days, at my mom's place, taking pictures with her camera. It's snowy but mild here. This is a tree in the front yard, all glazed with melting snow.

The steady low-key gentrification of my old neighbourhood here continues. There are still thrift shops and a Giant Tiger (see previous entry), but also a couple of really good bookstores, a Bridgehead coffee shop, several nice little bakeries, and some gift shops. Best of all, the Great Canadian Theatre Company will soon have a new home about a ten-minute walk from here. My mom just renovated, and is looking for a roomer to live upstairs. It's a nice place -- if you know anyone who's looking to rent a room in Ottawa, drop me an e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home