Monday, April 04, 2005

I go out curling, after midnight


Angela bowls. Image hosted on my Flickr site.

Out in the moonlight, just like we used to do. On Friday night, Jeremy and Julie, who have been curling regularly for a while, arranged for a group of us to give the sport a try at the High Park Curling and Tennis Club. Our timeslot started at 11:00 pm, because that's when the rink was free; being a night owl, I was happy about that.

Curling is harder than it looks, and given that many of us (me in particular) are not particularly sporty types at the best of times, we mostly flailed around on the ice like a bunch of landed trout -- much to the amusement of the regulars, who were drinking beer and watching us from the warmth of the lounge. We had a great time, though. We might do it again this week. Thanks again to Jeremy & Julie for making it happen.

Several more photos on my Flickr page -- I had a lot of fun with my camera.


Game in progress. Image hosted on my Flickr site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home