Friday, March 18, 2005

Made in Malaysia

Three private-school girls, about 14, on the northbound Spadina subway. They were sitting directly behind me so I couldn't see what they were doing.

Girl 1: So, I have it, do you want it?

Girl 2: Yeah, but don't give it to me now, I don't want everyone on the subway to see it.

Girl 3: Can I see it?

Girl 2: Don't give it to me now! Don't give it to me now! Don't give it to me now! Give it to me later, OK?

Girl 3: Can I see it? I'm not going to do anything with it, I just want to hold it in my hand and see what it feels like. I'm not going to wave it around in the air and yell and run around the subway with it. Seriously.

::no response::

Girl 3: I'm not going to do anything, I swear. I swear on my mother's grave. If I do my mother will die. Seriously, I just want to hold it in my hand and see it and feel it. Please can I see it?

::rustling, followed by fascinated silence::

Girl 1: Look, it says "Made in Malaysia".

Girl 3: OMIGOD IT'S SO CUTE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home