Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Design student petting zoo


Twister box. Image hosted on my Flickr site.

Yesterday I dropped by OCAD to check out Touch Me: Interact 2, a one-night exhibition of projects by first-year students in the "Principles of Interaction Design" course. Sixteen student groups had each constructed a 6'x6' environment with which one could, well, interact.

I got to the Great Hall and immediately ran into Shawn Micallef, who was roaming around looking a little overwhelmed. It was a little overwhelming: the room was packed and a noisy, sweaty, carnivalesque atmosphere prevailed. Shawn's students had set up a pink bathroom stall with a guy in it, dressed as a genie and sitting on a toilet, who would give you your fortune scrawled in green marker on a square of toilet paper. My fortune was, "You will drown in mayo."


Graffiti box. Image hosted on my Flickr site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home