Friday, September 05, 2008

Here we go

Sails

This is what Ward's Island looks like from the 44th floor of a posh downtown hotel. Kim's a juror with the Toronto International Film Festival this year, and they flew her in from Vancouver and put her up in this great room, and she invited some of her friends, including me, up to check it out. I hadn't seen Austin and Leslie in ages; they'll be spending a lot of time at the Festival as well, Austin in particular, as the production company he works for has 3 feature releases in TIFF this year -- including the gala opener.

And I'm going to miss it all -- because I'll be in England! I'll be presenting a paper at this conference in Oxford next week. Leaving tomorrow. Wow.

So there's a real sense of It's All Really Happening Now in the air these days. It's going to be a busy year for me. This blog will still be updated, though. How often? What will I post here? Not sure yet. Check back and see.

More photos from the 44th floor here.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had known that the conference includes tea and biscuits, I would've submitted a paper too!

4:52 p.m., September 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home