Friday, March 30, 2007

Signs of spring

Banana flower

Okay, I'm back, finally. On Wednesday I had my last class. EVER. I've still got a couple of papers to write and a lot of grading to do, but then it's straight on to the dissertation proposal. I can't quite wrap my head around that yet.

Today, I took the day off and visited the Allan Gardens Conservatory, and then Riverdale Farm. I hadn't been to either in months, and saw reasons to go back to both soon. I'll want to drop by Allan Gardens again to see how the banana flower is doing -- as you can see in the above photo, it's about halfway along to becoming a banana bunch. Meanwhile, at Riverdale Farm, it's baby animal season:

Reason to go back soon

A pair of calves are already out and about; today they were nursing hungrily:

Messy eaters

More plant and animal photos here.

Semi-regular posting will now resume!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home